Salvage Titles

A salvage title is issued by the state when a vehicle is severely damaged and the costs of repair can exceed the vehicle’s value. Usually, this happens when an insurance company has deemed a vehicle covered by a policy a “total loss.” When these vehicles are salvaged, or repaired, the state issues a salvage title. Even cars that have been in floods or stolen can fall under the salvage title distinction.

In Alabama, if you have a vehicle that holds a salvage title, you will not be able to drive the vehicle on public highways, purchase a tag or get insurance.


If you own a salvage vehicle, you may either sell the vehicle to a “licensed Rebuilder” for parts or rebuilding, or have them rebuild the vehicle for you.

If you purchased a salvage vehicle that has already been rebuilt, or a stolen (recovered) vehicle, you will need to go through a “License Rebuilder” to have the vehicle inspected by the State of Alabama and have a rebuilt title issued.

Jason Steward Enterprises does not handle this process, however, we can refer you to people throughout the State of Alabama that can help you.

Contact us for more information.